Sant Joan de Fàbregues
Romanesque building, the current structure dates to the 11th century. During the earthquake of year 1427 it was very damaged. The church of Rupit had been under jurisdiction of the parish of Sant Joan de Fàbregues for many years until 1878, when Rupit became a parish and Sant Joan was simply a parochial aid. It was damaged until 1978, when it was acquired by the “Diputació de Barcelona” which made an important restoration.
Behind the “Avenc” cliffs and the “Boixer” plain, cliffs over which the town of Tavertet rests a hundred meters down below.