Sant Miquel

Route POI
Index card


Baroque building with neoclassical elements in the form of a Latin cross, with side chapels and the cruise finished with the dome, arose as a subsidiary of the church of St. Joan de Fàbregues (until 1878 in which Rupit obtained the status of parish), towards the end of the 13th  century at the beginning of the 14th  and dedicated to St. Miquel Arcàngel, later (1786-1869) the bell tower was built. The main altarpiece is Baroque, done by the Costa brothers (1633) and is dedicated to St. Esteve, patron saint of the city of Olot (where he was venerated until 1828 year bought by Rupit’s parish where he was installed in 1830).