In the neoclassical style, the parish church of Sant Vicenç began to be built in 1755, because the old church of Sant Vicenç, located in Vila Vella, had become small to fit the parishioners. In addition, in the 16th century, the population of Tossa had expanded outside the walls and its distance was uncomfortable.
Despite being a simple building, the volume of the central nave stands out. Originally decorated with altarpieces and images of popular Baroque style, many of them from the local workshop of Casa Fuster, were burned all during the Civil War, except the altar of the Purísima, which was saved.
The interior polychrome has been recently restored and the church has regained its ancient beauty and luminosity.