Santa Magdalena de Puigsac

Index card


Also known as Santa Magdalena de Pardines, this chapel of great beauty has always been a place for celebrations and meetings for the people of Pardines.
This Romanesque church, built in the twelfth century, was consecrated by the Bishop of Urgell in 1176. In the eighteenth century was transformed by adding two side chapels. Was recently renovated by architect John M. Ribot, eliminating these Baroque elements in the restoration.
Santa Magdalena replaced another church located in the Boixadera in the path of Collada Verda.
The function of this church was to ease the worship of the most remote houses of the town.