CAN REVELLA FARMHOUSE
The first documented mention of this farmhouse goes back to 1392. It was then known as Mas Turmo and later as Mas Rubió.
In the municipal archives of 1553, the name of the Revell family already appears, possibly related to this farmhouse.
In the 19th century, the family properties were parceled out and sold to farmers in Sant Cugat.
The construction has been extensively refurbished since the 19th century. In 1885, a new facade was built. The traditional fashion of farmhouse was adapted to the tastes of the time. This was done by opening balconies in the style of the most urban houses, and ennobling the crowning with a balustrade and a poster signed with the promoter's initials and the construction date.
Today, the farm is owned by the municipality, which plans to restore the building to give it a social purpose.
The first phase of restoration focuses on ensuring the stability of the building, which is currently vacant and closed due to the poor condition of some structural elements -in particular the roofs. Once the building is in good condition and clean, further consolidation and restoration works will be undertaken before it is opened to the public. It will probably be a civic or social center with free rooms to carry out different activities (such as conferences or exhibitions).
This farmhouse is registered in the Archaeological Charter of Sant Cugat as a medieval site. In other words, it is listed in the Special Plan for Protection of Architectural Heritage of Sant Cugat.
In the area of Can Revella you will most likely see:
- - the oak of Can Revella
- - the three hundred year old oaks of Xaragall (next to the fields)
- - the oak on the road
- - the pines on the hill.