Picant de Fonter Fountain
The mineral-medicinal properties of the carbonic waters of this weak mineralization fountain were recognized by the end of the 19th century.
In 1903, the Picant Fountain was declared a fountain of public utility for its beneficial properties.
It became so well known that it became a place of pilgrimage with the constant influx of people who came to drink and take water.
Its popularity and access by train to Amer allowed the town to create a spa at the site.
The Palatín Hotel was the most remarkable building, but everything except the bottling plant disappeared after the Civil War.
Images not available