A liquid wealth
Simple route that gives us a good distraction time walking through a series of fountains, some of them especially important, in a shady, calm and fresh environment.
We will cross a small section of the greenway (via verda) of the “camí del carrilet”, we will go a little into the mountain and visit a very special fountain, then return by another path between more fountains and a riverside forest.
We recommend the Local Natura App to do this route. Download it for free here:Apple store Google Play
Duration1 hour 40 minutes
ThemeFlora and faunaGeologia
ActivityBy footBy bike
A liquid wealth
We will start the route at the train station of Amer between Olot and Girona, where we will take the same path from the track towards Olot. We will move smoothly along this wide, flat, well sign-posted path for about two kilometers.
After doing this section we will find ourselves next to the bottling plant “Fonter”, but we will turn in the opposite direction of the facilities. We will spend about 400 meters in the mountain of “Serrat de Folguerons” along a path that has a moderate rise between chestnut trees and other deciduous trees. There we will see the Abeurador’s Fountain, fresh and shaded. Further on, we will find the Carlins’ Fountain, where we will take half a step to return to the path of the track.
Next, we will go down to the premises of the bottling plant, “Fonter”, and we will have to enter the site to find Picant Fountain, which can be found in romantic gardens near the offices.
After visiting Picant Fountain we will leave the premises and we will go along a parallel path to the track towards Amer. By doing this, we will go through Capellans and Fàbregues’ Fountains, in a very shady and humid environment, under a forest with banana and riverside trees.
There will be a moment when we will be very close to the Brugent River, and shortly after, we will move away again passing near hazelnut fields and an abandoned wooden warehouse.
The last stretch of the route before reaching the starting point goes through agricultural fields and we can see clearly in east direction, Santa Brígida’s Chapel, located at the edge of a cliff.
· Flat itinerary.
· We will find fountains, it is not necessary to bring water.
· We will have to enter the enclosure of the bottling plant, there we will find cars and heavy vehicles, be alerted and walk through the designated and indicated areas.
· The stretch of the lane is shared with bicycles, we must pay attention and walk along the path.
· During periods of heavy rains, careful with the swelling of the river.
· The road offers shadows throughout the route.
· Ground path.
· Bring comfortable footwear.
· It is recommended to take a camera.
· The building of the train station is also a Tourist Information Center.
· The monastery of Santa Maria.
To learn more about cork and its history in relation to human activity, you can visit the Palafrugell Cork Museum.