We find ourselves on Punta Falconera, the most southerly point of the Cap de Creus. Punta Falconera provides exceptional views across the whole of the Golf of Roses, a characteristic which meant this spot became an observation and monitoring point for maritime traffic.
For this reason, between 1944 and 1993, Punta Falconera became a militarised zone, where a coastal battery was created consisting of 5 bunkers. We can see them behind us, with large entrance doors.
The 8th Coastal Battalion was created by the pro-Franco government against possible attacks during World War II. Thanks to this military occupation, Punta Falconera has not been developed. The name of Punta Falconera is due to the fact that, going back just a few years, falcons were always seen here.