We suggest to walk and see the areas where people from Setcases previously took their cattle to graze. We will go where people met to work and we will see remains of their activities: stone walls, cottages and huts, which are sunk today. On the top of the fields, open views of the nearby mountains, and if you look down, enjoy the views of the valley and Setcases.
ThemeFlora and faunaEnvironmentLandscaping
Circular route with views of Setcases village and its surrounding mountains. We descend through the village, across the Setcases bridge which goes over the river Ter, to find the old road of Vilallonga de Ter. Nice and strong way up through different fields of hay, dry wall margins and walls that prevent livestock from entering the fields and ancient farming surfaces, hidden in the woods today, which climb up the mountain.
Going up through the shade of hazel, birch and aspen, we will find "windows" to enjoy the view to the south, towards Cavallera mountains and "Moros" Castle. After a healthy effort to reach "les closes del Morral", where there is a beautiful shrub.
Turn north through the shrub between us, to get to the fields of "Beduis" first and then "Socarrats". One of the places where the ancient inhabitants of Setcases went to the field and took the cattle to graze. The top of the route, opens the views across the valley and is easy to detect large birds of prey such as vultures flying over us. Pastures are the best place to enjoy the mountain blooms, that attract butterflies. Large gentians and orchids which are everywhere are a very good sample of this.
During the tour we will discover old torn down shacks were farmers kept their utensils and covered from the rain. The Socarrats' cottage, of considerable dimensions, suggests that they were little cottages, rather than simple shelter.
From here, we gradually start going down to the village with beautiful views of the valley and going through pine forests with hazel and ashes on the wettest lands. We arrived to the Creueta neighborhood, crossing the Xacó and afterwards the Perer bridges.
- You can do it in both direction. In any case, the initial climb is considerable. The views that you get of Setcases and Ulldeter are more natural in the proposed direction.
- Blue dots will be the signs that you will see. This are the ones that identify the path, the rest go elsewhere.
- Some parts of the road that goes up to Les Closes del Morral can have tall grass. Take as reference the wall to the side and move between them.
- No fountain within the tour.
- Just after Xecó bridge (following the direction of the proposed route), turn right, going along the stream and in a few meters we find the Boixat fountain.
- Its better if you have long trousers. The grass can be high and you can get stinct by insects.
- The initial climb (both sides) is strong. Adjust the pace and do not get too tired yet.
- If you go down Les Closes del Morral, pay attention to the path so you don't slip.
- You are in the mountains. Ensure a good weather forecast in the morning.
- Always wear sun protection when you go to the mountain.
- Easy, come rocky sections.
- Crossing the pasture fields might be annoying if it has rained
- Protective clothing (wind, rain, cold) depending on the weather forecast.
- Comfortable and durable shoes.
- Binoculars to watch birds. Guide to know the flowers and herbs in the Pyrenees.
- There are panels on the Jepet bridge which give information about the carriers (traginers).
- When taking up the path there is a panel that shows the Catalonia Tourist trails in the valley of Camprodon. We take the first section of the road coming down to Vilallonga de Ter.
- When you get to the top, before going down, there are shaded places where to stop to make a meal.
Save the route
What to see in: Itinerary 12: Trail from Socarrats to Beduis
Per fer l'excursió sense problemes, recordeu que cal que us baixeu la ruta en un lloc amb cobertura, ja sigui el poble o el wifi d'algun dels seus establiments.
Un cop baixada i guardada, quan aneu a fer-la només cal que la obriu directament clicant el botó de Rutes Guardades que surt al començament, en obrir l'aplicació.
Per poder veure els planols quan navegeu off-line, cal que quan consulteu la ruta estant en cobertura, cliqueu el botó de Fer Ruta i visualitzeu el seu recorregut amb el plànol i feu acostaments i allunyaments. Aquestes imatges del planol, queden a la memòria temporal del telèfon i són les que podreu veure quan navegueu la ruta off-line a la muntanya.
Que en gaudiu !!